Yoggin it up in Korea

Hey there,
Just thought I'd stick a few pictures up on the internet so you can all see what's going on with me in Korea nowadays. Korea is lots of fun. It's fun to explore new cultures. I actually love the food, altough I do miss a good ol' fashion Canadian meal. I've eaten more rice here than in my entire life I think. People eat rice for every meal here. I'm not joking either. Rice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Some of their snacks are made out of rice too! The people are friendly if you talk to them, but most of the time you can't communicate. If a Korean feels confident in their english speaking skills, they might approach us, otherwise we do the approaching. It can be fun to speak in body language. There is a lot of laughing involved in the process, but it can be frustrating for everyone involved. I'm learning how to read and speak Korean. It's actually quite easy. The only problem is that I don't know what I'm saying. The memorization part of the learning process is the hard part. The vocab and the sentence structure is a killer. I don't imagine I'll get too far in that. We did find a church with an english service. They are going to be offering some free Korean lessons very soon. I'm happy about that.
Overall, I'm stoked to be here in Korea. It's a great place. There are tons of little restaraunts and little shops everywhere. We've found a couple cute places to eat near our house. There are so many within minutes...even seconds. People have shops and restaraunts in their homes. It's pretty neat.
I posted some pictures of our apartment and some of our adventures so far in Korea. You can find them on my MSN space. We've met a few foreigner friends here too. Hopefully we'll meet some more.
Please feel free to email us. We have email in our apartment.
Look forward to talking with you.


1 Comments:
Sweet yoggin' pics yog. I'm glad that you've found your niche there. I've heard that the Korean government is no longer allowing Yoggers into the country though. Something about polluting Korea with all the Yoggeronian. Nice pic of Raunch Donalds. I hope aren't eating there. Later fassa.
5:38:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home