If you can't yog it, you might as well blog it!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Family visit



It was wonderful to have some family come and visit us in our home in Korea. Richard and Rashelle made their way through Korea after their vacation in Thailand. We had an awesome time. We spent the first 2 days in Ulsan. I was working while Christine took them around the town.
On the weekend we borrowed a friends scooter and had a scooter trip to Gyeongju (the ancient capital). The trip was awesome! We went up the coast and made a few stops along the way. The weather was perfect for the occasion.
We arrived in Gyeongju and went to one of the main attractions: Bulguska Temple. We wandered around in there for a while and enjoyed some tea in a korean traditional tea house.


After that we stopped by a folk village and looked at some crafts and bought a few things. Richard and I made some great $1 purchases on some glass bird whistles. These whistles actually sound like real birds. Pretty cool! (except we annoyed the girls with them).
Then we hit up the tombs park. These great big hills where the kings were buried. I've written about them before in my blog archives.
We stayed the night there at a nice motel. It was a national holiday (Children's Day) so we had to pay more than usual. But it was still cheaper than back home. Plus one of the rooms had a love bed. It's a round bed with a heater...haha. Kinky.

We took them to a Korean Bath house too. They loved it, just as we suspected! They are weird, but addicting. In fact, I am a frequent visitor to the jimjil bang.

Other than that, we had a great time around the house and in Busan. It was short but sweet.



There are some great pictures at this link.
  • MORE PICTURES
  • 2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like you had a lot of fun taking them on tour....Now you're off to China....where next.....DC? Probably will be good to get home and start a new life,eh? Someday, maybe we'll travel a bit too, although I doubt we'll ever see as much as you guys have. I'm sure you've learned a lot through these cultural experiences

    8:11:00 AM

     
    Blogger Blake said...

    Hey, nice to see you. I didn't realize you had a blog. Maybe you can check mine out.

    I'm planning on checking out Beijing in a few weeks, so it was awesome to see your pics!


    BTW, I hope it's okay. There are a few pics of you on my site from Gyeongju.

    7:39:00 AM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home