If you can't yog it, you might as well blog it!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Planting, Gotta love it!

So, I went planting for three days. That could be the extent of my season this year. I just found out that I can't go and plant with some other friends at a different company. They only want planters that are willing to stay the entire season, which I cannot commit to. I have to be in Korea in August anyway. So, since my other friends are planting in grassmat (the most physically demanding terrain in planting) for the next three weeks, I won't be joining them. So this leaves me jobless this summer. I had it all worked out nicely, and it all came crashing down. Yes, this could be God's way of telling me to hang up my planting bags and shovel, but maybe it isn't. Who knows. But for now, I'm chillin' in Calgary and waiting for our VISA's to arrive so they can be signed and sent out to be finalized. Our boss wants them sent out right away so I shouldn't leave anyway at this point.
Anyway, I'm kinda bored today so I thought I'd write a little sob story. Hope you enjoyed it. I didn't.

Other than that, life is good. Vacationing is nice. Visiting family is nice. Relaxing is nice. So... it's nice. Although I really want to work for a few weeks this summer. I could use the money and exercise. I feel like I have some energy to burn. Every other summer since 2000 I've been working like a dog out in the bush pounding thousands upon thousands of trees in the ground. It is nice to actually enjoy a summer away from the bush though. Can't complain about that part. But I'm really bummed that I can't plant with my buddies in Grande Prairie right now. I was so excited to join them too. Crappy!
Well, this is about the time where I stop typing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Your summer sounds like mine. Family, no job, relaxing. It is nice, but a tad boring. I look at when you posted this and it's funny cause it was really only like an hour ago - but it's already Wednesday morning for me...and I have no life for the moment. Take care in Cow-town.

7:13:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Figures that Bloggerdad would take advantage of a poor, broke ex-treeplanter. But hey, that's how slavery started!

Just kidding Bloggerdad! ;)

4:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Keller said...

Enjoy your break Fassa... Hopefully I'll see you in Vermilion sometime before you go... if not, there are workings in my mind of a possible (although short) Korean journey... it wouldn't be that short... it'd just be nothing short of a Yog.

11:50:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home