"Hollow"een party
I feel sorry for the kids at our school on Halloween day. Their "Hollow"een party was less than special. Most schools have really big parties and lots of candy, but ours was weak. In the morning, the kindergardens had class for an hour and then they got to dress up f
or a half-hour and exchange some candy. They had some fun, but it was short lived. The elementary students in the afternoon didn't end up getting much candy and only a few of them dressed up for the event. I'm not a big fan of Halloween myself, but I did enjoy it as a kid. I would have expected a good party at school when I was little. Anyway, it was a fun time. We played some games with the kids in class and gave them some puzzles, word-searches, and mazes to work on instead of studying. At least we could give them that much. The younger kids had a lot of fun just playing games like "Simon says" and "Duck-duck-goose!". They are quite easy to entertain. The older students, however, are quite the opposite. There's always a few of them that don't want to do any puzzles or play "stupid" games. You can't really please them in a school setting. I can't be upset though, I remember being like that in some of my classes in my day. But we had a good time with what we had. There were a few decorations up and the kindergarden room was lit up with candles and had a carved pumpkin inside. It was a nice break for the teachers to play games instead of study.I guess as a whole, Halloween is a North American holiday and it seems to only be celebrated in the English schools. There are a few other people who might celebrate it, but generally its not a holiday here. You can find the odd masks and constumes in some stores
around this time, but not like in Canada. I imagine it will slowly work its way into their yearly celebrations here in South Korea. Everything else seems to be becoming more and more like the West, why not Halloween? It'll be interesting to see what South Korea is like in 10 years. I feel like I'm still in Canada, except there is a different climate and I can't understand some signs... or communicate with the public. I guess those are drastic differences, but I feel at home here.That's what I was trying to get at.
Anyway, Halloween is over and we're back to the grind.
To see more of our pictures in Korea.... visit this site. --> www.spaces.msn.com/members/yoggerfassa/ or click on "My Pictures" on the links list to the right!


1 Comments:
Hey Yogger... sorry your ween was so hollow this year. Hopefully next year you'll be able to make it hallo. Sound like a bit of fun. Coolnesstic!
6:12:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home