Don't touch the muffler!
So I thought I might post you some pictures of my battle wound. I've been pouring and finishing concrete in Dawson Creek with the Lichti boys. I've gotten in about 5 days now. It's getting busier this week too. Should get some more hours in. It's a good experience and it's kinda fun too. Anyway, yesterday I carrying the polishing machine off the concrete slab with Jerry.
We were setting it down on the ground. Well, I put my side of the machine down faster than Jerry did, which wouldn't have been a problem other than my bicep touched the red hot muffler. The machine had been running for a long time and the muffler was steamin' hot. I only lightly brushed it for less than a second but it still burned off a few layers of skin. I think it looks worse than it is but it is kinda gross. I'm not sure if it will scar or not. Oh well, it'll be a way of remembering my days as a concrete finisher.
Anyway, I'm having a good time working when I can and hanging out with the family when I'm not. I've also gotten out to the lake, played tennis, bocce ball, golf, frizbee golf, ballhockey, and probably some volleyball in the coming days. So it's nice to enjoy a summer for once. I'm kinda glad I'm not planting this summer. It's good to have a summer in civilization.
yep, that's about it.


4 Comments:
That looks like a pretty bad burn. How does being a cementer compare to tree planting?
3:00:00 AM
If it's any consolation, I burnt my leg on my motorbike muffler while wearing shorts (not the yellow scooter). It stung most while it was healing, but it didn't leave a scar.
3:25:00 PM
Well, treeplanting is definitely harder work because you go steady all day long. In concrete, you go hard for a couple hours then wait for it to set, then you do finishing, which isn't hard work. Also, treeplanting demands self-motivation and is definitely much more of a mental game as far as battling the elements and never giving up. I am enjoying the concrete work a lot. It's fun and I get to go home and hang out with the family every day. I just don't make the same money as treeplnating. I make about half or less. That is the biggest difference...haa..
The burn...well, its scabbed over now, I'm not sure if it'll scar. It's a pretty one though. I'll post it soon I think... you can keep up with my healing process... I'm sure it's exciting.
9:34:00 AM
That looks sick.
5:17:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home